A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization
Serving Oregon and Southwest Washington
Website developed and maintained by Website to the Rescue
Cascade Collie Rescue © 2012 - 2016 • All Rights Reserved
1. I agree to adopt a male/female collie, variety _____________________, age __________, color_______________________, with the call name of __________________________.
2. I agree to pay an adoption fee of $____________ to Cascade Collie Rescue (CCR). This fee will be refunded in full if the collie is returned to CCR within 14 days of the date of this agreement.
3. Collies are typically affectionate and friendly, and CCR will not place a dog known to have an unsound temperament. However, no one can predict how any dog will react in a given situation, especially without complete knowledge of its life experiences. Therefore, adoptive owners are strongly urged to exercise prudence and caution when introducing an adoptive dog into a new situation until the Collie has become fully adjusted to its new environment and the adoptive owner has had an opportunity to become familiar with that Collie’s unique personality.
4. We want our Collies to live in a safe environment. A fenced exercise area is desirable, but not required, depending on the individual collie. A Collie must never be allowed to run loose. It should always carry identifying tags, have a microchip implant and/or be tattooed with an identifying name or number. Adoptive owners agree to keep the dog on a leash at all times when the dog is taken out in public places. The adoptive owners agree that the dog will not at any time be chained outside to any object.
5. Adoptive owners must be prepared to demonstrate their ability and willingness to provide proper food, medical care, and a loving, safe, healthy and clean environment for the adoptive Collie. Even if the dog has already had a basic obedience course, we urge a “refresher” course to establish a more rapid respect and a close rapport between dog and owner. Always be sure that the trainer is familiar with the Collie’s temperament. CCR will provide limited adoption support and referral of positive methods trainers.
6. The dog shall not be sold, given to, or adopted to anyone else, nor shall there be any transfer of ownership to any firm, corporation, or organization of other homeless animals, such as another rescue facility. The Collie adopted must be returned to CCR if for any reason the adopter can no longer keep it, or immediately upon demand if CCR has reason to believe the Collie is being neglected or mistreated. Violation of this agreement will result in court costs and attorney fees payable by the adopter if necessary for CCR to redeem the dog.
7. Inasmuch as is practical, each prospective adoptive home will be visited by a CCR member to evaluate its qualifications as an adoptive home.
8. Cascade Collie Rescue makes no representations or warranties regarding the temperament or physical condition of any adoptive Collie. All Warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, where they are applicable, are hereby specifically disclaimed.
9. CCR shall not be responsible for any bodily injuries or property damage caused by any adopted Collie or by the actions of its adoptive owners. The adoptive owner hereby specifically assumes sole responsibility for, and agrees to hold CCR harmless from, any and all loss and expenses (including legal fees) by reason of liability imposed by law upon CCR, or any of its agents because of bodily injuries or death to any person or persons including the adoptive owners, or any damage to property arising out of or in consequence of the placement of the Collie, howsoever such injuries, death or damage to property may be caused, whether or not the same may have been caused, or may be alleged to have been caused, by negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their employees, agents or members, or any other person.
I have read the preceding and agree to the conditions set forth
this _____________ day of ______________________, 201_.
Signature of Adopter ________________________________________________
Printed Name of Adopter:________________________________________________________________
City, State, Zip:___________________________________________________________________________
Signature of CCR Representative:________________________________________________________